WHAT IS VYVANSE?
Vyvanse is a prescription medication that treats Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder in patients 6 years and above, and moderate to severe Binge Eating Disorder in adults.
Vyvanse is used to treat attention deficit hyperactivity disorder as part of a total treatment plan, including psychological, social, and other treatments. It may help to increase the ability to pay attention, stay focused, and stop fidgeting. Vyvanse may also be used to treat binge eating disorder. It may help to reduce the number of binge eating days.
HOW TO USE VYVANSE:
Take this medication with or without food as directed by your doctor, usually once daily in the morning. Do not take this medication in the afternoon or evening because it may cause you to have trouble sleeping. The dosage is based on your doctors prescription and response to treatment.
If you are taking the capsule form of this medication, swallow the capsule whole.
You may use this medication regularly to get the most benefit from it. To help you remember, take it at the same time each day.
If you suddenly stop using this medication, you may have withdrawal symptoms. To help prevent withdrawal, your doctor may reduce your dosage slowly.
Though it helps many people, this medication may sometimes cause addiction. This risk may be higher if you have a substance use disorder (such as overuse of or addiction to drugs/alcohol). Do not increase your dose, take it more often, or use it for a longer time than prescribed. Properly stop the medication when so directed.
When this medication is used for a long time, it may not work as well. Talk with your doctor if this medication stops working well.
You may experience the following side effects from taking Vyvanse:
loss of appetite, dry mouth
restlessness may occur.
If any of these effects persist or worsen, please consult your doctor or pharmacist immediately.
Before taking this medication, tell your doctor or pharmacist if you are allergic to it; or to other sympathomimetic drugs or if you have any other allergies. This product may contain inactive ingredients, which can cause allergic reactions or other problems. You could get in touch with your doctor or pharmacist for more details.
Before administering this drug, tell your doctor or pharmacist if you are allergic to it; or to other sympathomimetic drugs or if you have any other allergies.
If you took an overdose and you are experiencing serious symptoms such as passing out or trouble breathing, call for the attention of your doctor. Symptoms of overdose may include:
severe mental/mood changes,
NB: This drug is not to be shared with others. Sharing it is against the law.
If you miss a dose, take it as soon as you remember in the morning hours. If it is afternoon or near the time of the next dose, skip the missed dose. Take your next dose at the regular time. Do not take an overdose to catch up.
Store at room temperature away from light and moisture. Do not store in the bathroom. Keep all medications away from the reach of children and pets.